Confession time: I HATE PACKING SCHOOL LUNCHES! With a PASSION! My girls have refused for years to eat in the school cafeteria. I really don’t blame them, I didn’t either but it can be a pain to plan, prepare and pack a lunch everyday, especially when my girls aren’t huge fans of sandwiches.
So, to solve this problem and to help out other mama’s out there who face the same dilemma, I’ve been researching lunch box ideas this past week. Look on Pinterest and you can quickly get overwhelmed with all the “supermom” postings of these fabulous, healthy lunches in these cute, perfect containers. Moms who balance their kids meals according to the Food Pyramid and cut the food into cute little shapes. Well, I’m not that mom. My girls like Flaming Hot Cheetos and Chips Ahoy Cookies. They will eat the healthy stuff but it needs to be balanced with a little junk food! They are teenagers after all. And add on Elizabeth who starts school in two weeks who REFUSES to eat the same thing two days in a row! This child will eat broccoli one day like it’s her last meal and then refuse to eat it the next day.
So here we go! I’ve divided my upcoming posts into categories. Today, I’ll post recipes and ideas featuring Crescent Rolls. You all know crescent rolls. Those thin, flaky, fluffy rolls of bready goodness that comes in the can that sometimes is impossible to open! Yep! Those! I haven’t checked the Kroger Ad this week yet but if they are on sale, that’s even better. The best part is all of these can be made ahead and some would even freeze well so you could make extra batches and take out what you need so the kids don’t have to eat the same thing everyday.
So…ideas for Crescent Rolls:
- Pigs in a Blanket! Make a huge batch for breakfast on Sunday, store in a container and take out a few at a time. My girls love pigs in a blanket. You could even make bigger ones with sausage, eggs and cheese. They don’t have to be heated up so they are perfect for lunches. Add a small cup of mustard and make it fancy!
- Crescent Roll Pizzas! Instead of rolling them into those cute little pinwheel shapes, keep them in the roll form that they came in, slice them into circles, bake them and then add some pizza sauce and toppings.
- Nutella and Banana Stuffed Crescent rolls! Found this on Pinterest! Super cute idea. Here is the recipe from The Food Charlatan http://thefoodcharlatan.com/2016/02/11/nutella-and-banana-stuffed-crescent-rolls-recipe/
- Ham or Turkey and Cheese. Roll up ham or turkey or your favorite lunch meat, add cheese and bake! Super simple! Here’s a recipe from High Heels and Grills http://www.highheelsandgrills.com/baked-ham-and-cheese-rollups/
- Spinach and Cheese Stuffed Crescent Rolls. These look super yummy!This recipe is from ‘Lil Luna https://lilluna.com/cheesy-spinach-roll-ups/
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Rolls from DIY Candy http://diycandy.com/2016/02/peanut-butter-jelly-roll-recipe/
- Crescent Rolls Veggie Pizzas: I LOVE this idea. I’ve had this at parties and its always a crowd pleaser. I’m even going to use my spread from my Baked Sammiches (in an earlier post) for this! This is from Frugal Coupon Living: http://www.frugalcouponliving.com/veggie-pizza-with-crescent-rolls/
- Sausage Roll Crescents. This recipe is from The Diary of a Real Housewife: http://thediaryofarealhousewife.com/cream-cheese-sausage-crescent-roll-ups/
I’ll add to this post as I find other recipes so keep checking back in and see what I’ve found!