- 2 Cups cooked brown rice. I used my Instant Pot
- 2 cans (15 ounces EACH) sweet corn
- 2 red bell peppers, thinly sliced; seeds removed. Red bell peppers this week were $1.79 each so I used green peppers.
- 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon jalapeño, diced ( I skipped this)
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 large avocado
- 1/2 cup KRAFT Avocado Oil Mayo ( I used sour cream LITE)
- 2 large limes, separated
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons Sriracha ( I did not use this)
- Salt and Pepper
- Prepare the brown rice according to package directions. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, make the dressing. Combine all of the dressing ingredients: the mayo, 3 tablespoons lime juice, 1/2 teaspoon lime zest, ground cumin, paprika, chili powder, Sriracha, and a generous pinch of salt and pepper (to taste.) Whisk and place in the fridge while you prep the remainder of the bowls.
3. Sauté corn kernels in a preheated large cast-iron skillet 3 to 5 minutes, stirring constantly, until kernels are lightly charred over high heat. Remove to a bowl.
4. Add the pepper and again sauté over high heat stirring occasionally until lightly charred and crisp tender. Remove to a bow
5.Season the corn and pepper with salt and freshly ground pepper to taste. Let cool to room temperature and then add in the chopped cilantro, chopped green onions, diced jalapeño, and 1/2 teaspoon paprika. Add a squeeze of lime juice and toss.
6. Drain and rinse the black beans.
7. Assemble the bowls: Fill the bottom of 4 bowls with even amounts of the brown rice. Add even amounts of black beans and the corn + red pepper mixture to each bowl.
8.Thinly slice the avocado and divide evenly among the bowls.
9. Top with the prepared dressing, another squeeze of lime as desired and enjoy immediately.