This is a family fave and is so easy to put together. Ree Drummond, The Pioneer Woman, is my HERO! Everything she cooks is a winner!
Here is a link to her recipe.
I modified mine a bit. That’s the beauty of cooking, you can always change things up a bit to your liking! I LOVE fresh and I raided my garden for something a little extra! Fresh Bell Peppers, Basil, Oregano, Parsley and Tomatoes always make things better.
I chopped all these babies up and added them to my tomato sauce.
The sauce looks amazing! LOVE the colors!
I even had my “helpers”
Sour Cream, Cottage Cheese and FRESH cracked Pepper mixture!
The Pioneer Woman’s Sour Cream Noodle Bake:
- 1-1 1/4 Lb Ground Beef
- 1 Can 15 OZ Tomato Sauce ( also added some fresh tomatos from the garden)
- 1/2 t Salt
- Freshly Ground Pepper
- 8 OZ Medium Egg Noodles
- 1/2 C Sour Cream
- 1-1/4 C Small Curd Cottage Cheese
- 1/2 C Green Onions (I was out, so I skipped the onions)
- 1 C Grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese ( I added some Parmesan and Mozzarella Cheese)
- Optional: Fresh herbs if available, I added basil, oregano and parsley.
- Preheat oven to 350
- Brown ground beef in large skillet, drain fat, the add tomato sauce, salt, and lots of freshly ground pepper. This is when I added my herbs and chopped tomatoes. Stir and simmer while preparing other ingredients.
- Cook egg noodles until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine sour cream and cottage cheese. Add plenty of fresh cracked black pepper. Add cooked noodles and stir. Add green onions and stir in.
- To assemble, add half the noodle mixture to the baking dish. Top with half the meat mixture, the sprinkle half the cheese. Repeat with noodles, meat and then a final layer of cheese. Bake for 20 minutes, or until cheese is melted.