I love this recipe for summer. It’s light, quick, healthy and doesn’t weigh you down. I came upon this recipe several years ago and we eat it several times a year. The hubby isn’t a big fan because there is ‘”no meat” but the girls and I LOVE these!
First of all the colors are amazing! I’m a very visual person, so if it looks good and is colorful, I’ll try it!
E loves to help mommy in the kitchen!
Egg Rolls are simple and kinda fun to make.
The finished product! I still had my Blender Salsa in the fridge and I added some sour cream!
- 15 oz Can of Corn, drained
- 15 oz Black Beans, rinsed and drained
- 10 oz Package of frozen, chopped Spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 C Shredded Mexican Cheese Blend
- 4 oz can diced Chiles, drained
- 4 Green Onions (I skipped this)
- 1 t Ground Cumin (I use more..I love cumin)
- 1 T Chili Powder
- 1 t salt ( I typically use more)
- 1 t Pepper (Again, I typically use more)
- 1 Package of refrigerated Egg Roll Wrappers
- Combine all ingredients except egg roll wrappers in large bowl. Taste and add more spices to your liking.
- Lay an egg roll wrapper on your work surface with one corner facing you and place a spoonful of filling in the center. Fold the tip closest to you over the filling, roll a bit, fold tips pointing outward into the cemter and continue rolling into a egg roll shape. Dip a finger in water and seal the roll. Finish rolling and press seal closed. Repeat with the remaining wrappers and filling.
- Preheat over to 425. Lightly oil a baking sheet with cooking spray. Place the sealed egg rolls seam-side down and spray the tops of the egg rolls with cooking spray. Bake for about 15 minutes, turning halfway through.
- Serve warm with salsa and sour cream.