So I got an Instant Pot for Christmas. I was honestly terrified when I opened it. Don’t terrorists use these things to make bombs?!?!?! I CAREFULLY opened it, stared at it for a long time, read the instructions (something I NEVER do…EVER!) and watched several YouTube videos. Still scared! Never has an appliance intimidated me this much. Finally I went for it!
I cooked oatmeal in it first…terrible! Mushy and inedible. I tried stone ground cheese grits…wonderful! Then I tried my Mississippi Roast recipe. The directions said an hour! An HOUR to make a roast. Results? Tough and chewy. Done, but I prefer the slow cooker method.
Never one to give up…I kept going. Honey Chicken…terrible (I used chicken thighs…the husband HATES chicken thighs). Next time I will use chicken breasts and it will be perfect. Then I cooked this Creamy Garlic Tuscan Chicken (recipe in a later post) and I heard angels sing! If this is the only success, I will be a happy girl but fortunately for me, I found another good recipe.
- 1 T Extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 chicken breasts (I’ll flatten them next time or buy the thin sliced ones)
- Kosher salt to taste
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1 minced shallot
- fresh juice and zest from one lemon
- 1/2 C White Wine
- 1/2 C Chicken Stock
- 1 t cornstarch dissolved in 1 T Chicken Stock
- 1 T Sliced Green Olives
- 1 T Capers
- 1 T Chopped Fresh Parsley
- Preheat the pressure cooker, add the oil and heat 2 minutes. Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Add the chicken breasts and brown in oil.
- Add shallots, lemon juice and zest, wine, and stock and secure the lid.
- When pressure is achieved, set timer for 10 minutes.
- When cook time is complete and pressure is fully released, open lid and remove chicken.
- With the lid off, stir in the dissolved cornstarch until the sauce thickens.
- Add the olives, capers and parsley. Pour over the chicken and serve hot.
*I placed the chicken and sauce over thin spaghetti pasta!
Italian Green Beans
I couldn’t find fresh green beans so I used canned! Two cans of French Style Green Beans, minced shallots and garlic and sliced cherry tomatoes, salt and pepper to taste! Fabulous! Even the husband liked it!