So, we are officially on a healthy heart kick at the Beckley house! I’ve been scouring Pinterest and the internet for healthy recipes that still taste great! Found one…full of flavor, satisfying and heart healthy! Win-Win!
Asian Grilled Chicken:
- 1/4 C Honey
- 3 T Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/4 Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 2 T Finely Chopped Parsley
- 2 t Grated Ginger Root
- 1/2 t Pepper
- 4 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- In a large bowl, combine all marinade ingredients and mix well. Add chicken to marinade, turn to coat pieces , cover and refridgerate for at least 2 hours, turning occasionally.
2. Grill or broil (I grilled) to desired doneness.
Sesame Almond Green Beans
- 4 C Fresh Green Beans
- 2t Sesame Oil
- 2 t Butter
- 1/2 C Slivered Almonds
- 3-4 T Sesame Seeds
- Chicken Stock (optional)
- In a large skillet heat sesame oil and butter over medium high heat
- Add green beans and saute for 3-5 minutes
- Stir in almonds and sesame seeds until green beans are cooked to desired doneness. **I added some chicken stock to soften them further. I added the chicken stock and covered the skillet to let them steam. My family likes them on the softer side.
I also added some crispy cubed potatoes to complete the meal! There were NO leftovers!