In the summer, I love simple, filling salads and this recipe does not disappoint. I even ate it the second go around for lunch today and it was even better!
Lime Cilantro Summer Slaw
- 4 T Olive oil
- 4 T Plain Greek Yogurt
- 3 t Honey
- A few dashes of hot sauce (to your liking)
- 1/2 C Cilantro Leaves
- Juice from one large lime or two small ones (I ended up adding more because I LOVE LIME)
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste.
- 4 C Cabbage Slaw (you can buy this in the bagged lettuce section) or 1 head of green cabbage, finely chopped
- 1 Bell pepper any color
- 1 Avocado
- 1 Cooked ear of corn, kernals sliced off the cob
- 1 Can black beans
- Grilled or pan fried chicken breast sliced
Make dressing by combining all ingredients in blender. I actually made mine a few hours before dinner to let the flavors combine more.
Combine your salad ingredients in a large bowl, toss with dressing and serve.