I’m all about simple! Like most moms, I juggle lots of hats. We are almost always on the go and this is a simple, easy, quick meal to put together. It’s also delicious! The hubby LOVES this recipe. The hot beef mixture combined with the cold lettuce and the CRUNCH is perfect.
Ingredients: I double this recipe! Leftovers are even better!
- 1 Lb lean ground beef
- 1/4-1/2 C Brown Sugar
- 1/4 C Soy Sauce ( I use low-sodium)
- 1 T Sesame Oil (use sesame oil..it’s divine. I use it all the time. More recipes with it to come)
- 3 Cloves of Garlic, Minced
- 1/2 t fresh, minced ginger
- salt and pepper to taste
- Brunch of diced green onions
- Brown Rice (I cheat and buy the steamer bag..I’m a terrible rice cooker.)
- Head of Iceberg lettuce
Heat a large skillet over medium and brown ground beef with garlic in the sesame oil. Drain most of fat when cooked through and add brown sugar, soy sauce, ginger, salt and pepper. Simmer for a few minutes to blend the flavors. I add the brown rice into the meat mixture but you can serve over the brown rice, your preference. Spoon into iceberg lettuce leaves and enjoy!