This is a simple go-to recipe for school or work lunches. It keeps well in the fridge and is easy to put together. I typically keep these ingredients on hand at all times (bow-tie pasta, dressings, bacon). You can also add some chopped grilled chicken for a heartier meal. Kroger has frozen precooked chicken breasts in the freezer section that makes this meal even easier if adding chicken.
- 1 Lb Bow Tie Pasta, cooked and drained
- 1 C Zesty Italian Salad Dressing
- 1/2 C Creamy Ranch
- 1 Lb Bacon, cooked until crispy and chopped
- 2 Large Ripe Tomatoes, diced
- 10 Leaves of Crispy Romaine Lettuce, washed, and chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 Small Red Onion, chopped fine
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- You can also add grilled chicken for a heartier meal
- Combine dressings
- Combine all other ingredients and toss in dressing
- Season with salt and pepper and serve.
*It’s great the next day also. You may need to mix in more dressing. The pasta will soak up the dressing and get dry.
* Perfect for school lunches. I double this recipe often during the school year
*If you are cooking bacon for breakfast (I typically cook a big breakfast on Sundays) cook the whole pack and save bacon for this salad. It’s easy to put together on a Sunday night for weekday lunches.