Well, school has begun! Tuesday night I cooked homemade chicken nuggets for dinner and I had enough leftover for the girls for the past two days for school lunches in the form of chicken tender salads. It just takes a bit of thinking ahead. Tonight I’m trying a new recipe for Mexican Street Corn Burrito Bowls and I’m hoping the leftovers can carry me through ONE MORE DAY (tomorrow is FRIDAY-YAY!!). NOTE: With most salad, dressing can make them soggy, so serve dressing in smaller containers so the kids (or you) can put on right before eating. Soggy lettuce is gross!
Salads are pretty easy for lunches especially for teens and adults. I’ll be going back to work in two weeks, so these will be great for me. Like the last post, I’ve searched Pinterest for ideas and I’m listing them here for you! As I try these ideas, I’ll do a post on each one.
- Taco Salad Lunch Bowls from Kristine’s Kitchen Blog. These look easy and tasty. I think I’ll put them on my menu for next week. https://kristineskitchenblog.com/meal-prep-taco-salad-lunch-bowls/
- BLT Pasta Salad. This is a fave of ours. It’s great for a quick dinner meal and is perfect for lunches. I’ve been making this recipe from Life in The Lofthouse for years. Planning ahead is always key. If you cook bacon on Sunday mornings like I do, cook a little extra for this salad. This saves time and saves your house smelling like bacon for two straight days. https://life-in-the-lofthouse.com/blt-pasta-salad/#Igt51wpJ
- Caprese Pasta Salad. Don’t let the fancy name scare you, it’s just pasta, mozerella cheese, tomatoes and a few spices. Looks fresh and filling! https://www.cocoandash.com/caprese-pasta-salad/
- Crunchy Asian Ramen Noodle Salad. This salad is the BOMB! Super easy and is amazing. You can also add chicken and make a more hearty meal. Tip though…if you are making ahead for lunches, don’t put dressing on it until you are getting ready to eat it. It gets soggy quick and the crunch is what I love most about this salad. https://www.gimmesomeoven.com/crunchy-asian-ramen-noodle-salad/#_a5y_p=2086732
- Ranch Pasta Salad from Together as Family. Need I say more..Ranch, pasta…salad. Looks easy and yummy! You could do so many variations with this…whatever you have in the fridge. http://togetherasfamily.com/2017/05/ranch-pasta-salad/
- Asian Edamame Salad with Cilantro and Toasted Almonds. I buy my edamame in the frozen section. You can buy already shelled and in those steamer bags. http://www.ambitiouskitchen.com/2011/11/asian-edamame-salad-with-cilantro-and-toasted-almonds/
- Thai Cashew Chopped Salad with Ginger Peanut Sauce. I’ve made this one before and my family devoured it! https://therecipecritic.com/2015/02/thai-cashew-chopped-salad-ginger-peanut-sauce/
- Edamame Tomato Corn Salad from Pip and Ebby. I guess you’ve figured out that I like edamame. I could eat it straight out of the bag. http://www.pipandebby.com/pip-ebby/edamame-tomato-corn-salad
- Crispy Chicken Cobb Salad. This is basically what I served my girls this week. http://lmld.org/2015/11/02/crispy-chicken-cobb-salad/